L.I.N.K.S is a semi-closed high school for the intellectually challenged students. Our mission is to serve our special clientele by ensuring the maximum growth and development of each student academically, morally, socially and culturally in order to achieve personal independence in society.
We believe that :
- 1. Everyone can learn regardless of his or her capabilities.
- 2. The student must acquire sufficient knowledge and skills needed to cope with their environment.
- 3. Students are entitled to be respected.
- 4. Self-esteem is an integral part to any learning.
- 5. The community, parents and the school are equal stakeholders in the overall education of our students.
That every student who walks through our doors will gain the necessary competencies to function in society to the best of their abilities. A major focus will also be on the continuous development of the work skills and social skills necessary to be accepted as functional members of society.
Linking Our Mission, Values and Vision with our Analysis/Reflection of our Current Situation:
We shall constantly strive to ensure that our students will acquire the necessary competencies to find and maintain employment and become as independent as possible.
The school programs and projects will allow students to develop and maintain healthy habits and choices through: nutrition, physical activity and hygiene. The formulation of an improved life skills approach encompassing English/French/Math, mobility (bus training) and social communication will certainly enhance the success of our students in all their endeavors.
This on-going focus, together with the continued involvement of parents and the community as co-partners, will help us in the overall education of each student.